The Lagos Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest economic institutions for business enterprises, it provides opportunities for business to come together to address related challenges faced and provide solutions for these problems.
The institution is driven by the mission to promote and protect the interests of its members and the business community at large through public policy advocacy, creation and facilitation of commercial and industrial opportunity, provision of business development and services and observance of highest standard of business ethics.
The Chamber of Commerce has various functions which include:
- Creating an enabling environment for business and ensuring the international market reassurance that your business is genuine, considering the rise in ‘419’ and poor image created by these illegal activities.
- It intervenes on behalf of businesses at various levels
- It maintains regular consultations on policies and measures affecting business and the economy.
- The Chamber’s publications are among the leading works of reference used by overseas business in connection with trade and investment opportunities in Nigeria.
- The Chamber is recognized as the official body through which local opinion on commercial and industrial matters can be presented directly to Government or other authorities both national and local. It is frequently consulted by government in advance of the preparation of new legislation affecting the business community.
The Chamber, asides the functions listed above, hosts an annual trade fair to promote businesses which attracts over 400,000 local and foreign visitors, it also has various training programs for businesses with less than 15 years of business.